Membership Information Join today
Membership Application Process – Please allow 7-10 business days to receive membership materials. We will assume all proper membership materials have been received unless notified. It is the member’s responsibility to notify the Development Office if you have not received your membership materials.
Tax Deduction – Membership contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum extent as provided by law. Additional contributions to the Share the Gift Annual Fund, gifts in memory of others, or gifts to support other areas of the Gardens are welcome and are considered outside your membership fees.
Membership Term – All memberships are valid for one year. No refunds, extensions or exchanges will be granted if for any reason you are unable to utilize your membership benefits.
Temporary Membership Cards – You will receive a temporary membership card when you join/renew in person at the Gardens. If you join/renew online, your receipt serves as your temporary membership card.
Membership Cards – Memberships, membership benefits and membership cards are not transferable. A second proof of identification may be requested by Gardens’ employees. Memberships that include two persons receive ONE card for the household with each adult (or “Guest”) named on the card. Only two names are listed on membership cards.
Lost Cards – Lost, mishandled or stolen membership cards can be replaced upon request. Typically members will receive their new membership card within 3-5 business days of the request.
Member Guests – All guests must be accompanied by member.
Refunds/Credits – If you have purchased regular priced admission to the Gardens the same day you purchase a membership, the price of admission can be applied to the cost of your membership. Below lists the level and the amount that can be applied:
- Individual Membership – $14.00 off
- Duo Membership – up to $28.00 off
- Family Membership – up to $28.00 off
- Sustainer Membership – up to $56.00 off
- Donor Membership – up to $56.00 off
- Patron Membership – up to $56.00 off
- Sponsor Membership – up to $56.00 off
- Bok Tower Club Membership – up to $56.00 off
- President’s Council Membership – up to $56.00 off
- Chairman’s Council Membership – up to $56.00 off
The Gardens does not grant refunds once a membership has commenced.
Membership Renewals – Renewals may be processed 3 months before your membership term expires. The Development Office does not retain the financial information of its members on record. This information must be resubmitted with each renewal.
In some instances you may receive a renewal notice after having mailed your renewal payment. You may disregard the notice, or if you are concerned, please contact the Development Office to inquire about your membership status.
Membership Upgrades/Downgrades – If during the term of your active membership you wish to upgrade your level of membership, you may speak with the representatives in the Visitor Center or contact the Development Office to arrange payment of the difference between the two categories. The Gardens does not permit a member to downgrade to a lower category after benefits have been used.
Further conditions – We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse entry and/or membership to a member and to revoke a membership without refund if a member behaves in a threatening or abusive manner toward any person, or damages or threatens to damage any of the collections at Bok Tower Gardens. We reserve the right to amend the terms of these policies at any time. At the time of the amendment, members will be notified on our website where a new term and policy sheet will be available for download.
Basic Members Benefits:
- Anytime admission to the Gardens except during selected events
- Subscription to Garden Path newsletter
- Discounted admission to many Florida museums, gardens and cultural institutions (View the Bok Tower Gardens Reciprocal Admission Program list below.)
- Ten percent discount at the Blue Palmetto Café and Tower & Garden Gift Shop
- Additional discount during Shoptember Spree (month of September) and the Twelve Days of Shopping event (begins day after Thanksgiving) in the Café and Gift Shop
- Discounts on programs and event tickets
- Free admission to over 300 public gardens throughout the United States through the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Program (View the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Program list below.)
STUDENT – $25.00
Basic membership benefits for one college student
student ID must be presented at time of purchase
INDIVIDUAL – $55.00
Basic membership benefits for one person
DUO – $70.00
Basic membership benefits for two people
FAMILY – $100.00
Basic membership benefits for two people and children or grandchildren under the age of 18
SUSTAINER – $130.00
Family level benefits PLUS
- Two additional guests per visit
- Tour for two of the Founder’s Room on the first floor of the Tower (reservations required)
DONOR – $200.00
Sustainer level benefits PLUS
- One additional guest per visit (three total guests)
- Two tickets to the Holiday Home Tour at Pinewood Estate
- Recognition in Annual Report
PATRON – $350.00
Donor level benefits PLUS
- Private guided tour of the Gardens for up to 10 people (reservations required)
- Four general admission tickets to tour Pinewood Estate
- Rental discount for Bok Tower Gardens facility use (10%)
SPONSOR – $700.00
Patron level benefits PLUS
- Additional rental discount for Bok Tower Gardens facility use (25% total)
- Ten anytime passes to distribute to friends
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Gardens Greenhouse for up to 10 people (reservations required)
- Guided tour of the Endangered Plant Program for up to 10 people (reservations required)
BOK TOWER CLUB – $1,350.00
Sponsor level benefits PLUS
- Six additional guests per visit (nine total guests)
- Ten additional anytime passes to distribute to friends (20 total)
- Private guided Tower tour for up to 6 people (reservations required)
PRESIDENT’S COUNCIL – $3,250.00
Bok Tower Club level benefits PLUS
- Up to 20 additional guests per visit
- Tour of the Chao Research Center, housing the Bok archives, during your Tower tour
- Additional rental discount for Bok Tower Gardens facility use (50% total)
CHAIRMAN’S COUNCIL – $6,500.00
President’s Council level benefits PLUS
- Private carillon performance during your Tower tour
- Use of Pinewood Estate for a private reception for up to 20 people
For questions or to obtain a membership, contact the Membership Office at 863.734.1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with your benefits of membership to Bok Tower Gardens, you also receive free and discounted admission to attractions, museums and gardens throughout the state of Florida and free admission to more than 300 participating public gardens throughout the United States. Reciprocal admission benefits are for members only, and do not apply to guests.
Reciprocal lists last updated February, 2017. Please note that conditions and participation of both Reciprocal Admission Programs may be subject to change without notice. Always call your destination before you depart to verify their participation.
Don’t make shopping for a gift a stressful experience! Give a gift that will provide your family, friends and co-workers with a year’s worth of beautiful music and picturesque gardens. Gift memberships are offered throughout the year and make a great way to introduce someone new to Bok Tower Gardens.
There’s something new to discover in every season at Bok Tower Gardens, so you’ll want to visit again and again. Become a Member today and you’ll get a whole year’s worth of benefits, as well as the knowledge that you are preserving and sustaining the Gardens for future generations.
Members receive year-round admission, discounts at the Tower & Garden gift shop and the Blue Palmetto Café, advance notice and reduced admission to many special events, discounts on programs, and so much more. There’s a Membership Level that’s right for you.
Have a question about membership? Contact our Development Office:
Director of Development
Bok Tower Gardens is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and is supported by tax-exempt gifts and contributions.
Once you’ve completed this form you will receive a confirmation email with a temporary membership card. A permanent card will be mailed to you.