TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Horticulture
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Hourly / Non-Exempt
Bok Tower Gardens is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant for its Horticulture Department. This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Horticulture Department. This position also oversees the ordering
and distribution of uniforms/safety shoes for Gardens staff.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Business/Administrative Management or related field required
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in secretarial/administrative support role required
- Intermediate to advance level software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet required
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of office machinery and equipment required
- Exceptional customer service skills/knowledge of effective customer service practices required
- Strong communication skills and organizational ability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Professional manner and appearance
- Ability to work with minimal instruction or supervision
We offer competitive wages and an attractive benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email, to any of the contact information listed below. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate street
address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing.
Submit resumes, accompanied by letters of interest by mail, fax or email until the position is filled. Pick up applications at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and mail or return to the entrance gate for processing:
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Secure Fax: 866-462-7162
Deadline for resume/application submission: Open until filled
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview
Bok Tower Gardens (BTG) is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
BTG participates in E-Verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.