Digital & Creative Coordinator
TITLE: Digital & Creative Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Public Relations
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Salaried / Exempt
Assists the Director of Marketing & Public Relations in research, development and maintenance of the Bok Tower Gardens (BTG) brand/ image; advertising and promotional campaigns including research, design, placement, tracking and measuring effectiveness. Duties also entail working with other departments to originate creative design concepts and other inter-departmental collateral materials; design and oversee inter-departmental collateral printing and folding; conduct and coordinate photography, videography and maintenance of photography archives; coordinate Internet marketing including design and maintenance.
Bok Tower Garden’s Digital & Creative Coordinator assists the Director of Marketing & Public Relations with all aspects of the department’s goals and objectives. He/she:
- Assists with the strategic direction and execution of all internal and external communications
- Assists in the development of new BTG marketing campaigns and promotions
- Designs and develops all internal and external marketing and digital communications
- Develops and maintains BTG branding and visual identity guidelines; ensures consistent adherence to guidelines for all marketing materials and activities
- Coordinates Internet-based marketing and content, including design, maintenance and updates of BTG websites (main website, online gift shop, event micro-websites, and others as needed)
- Develops and executes online strategies including search engine optimization, keyword marketing, re-marketing; manages contracted Internet marketing consultants
- Consistently explores, recommends and optimizes digital communication methods, vehicles and technologies to engage with guests and other various audiences
- Assists with the design and coordination of e-Newsletter and news release distribution through email service; maintains corresponding mailing lists
- Assists in planning, organizing, executing, and managing BTG special events; helps coordinate tradeshows, guest and member events, various industry events
- May serve as a marketing representative of BTG at industry meetings and functions
- Writes basic copy as needed
- Proofreads all BTG news releases and collaterals for accuracy
- Produces and edits video and digital photographs, creates contact sheets, maintains photo library
- Works with printers, agency representatives and other vendors on production of collateral materials
- Assists in the coordination of market research, online surveys, and guest surveys (both at BTG and off property)
- Performs other departmental duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced proficiency in computer graphics and design software including Quark Xpress, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and others program applications
- Advanced proficiency in use of Mac computer operations, ability to train others to use Mac and provide basic computer maintenance
- Able to prepare sketches or layouts to illustrate their vision for various designs
- Selects colors, artwork, photography, style of type and other visual elements for designs; selects the size and arrangement of various graphical elements
- Background includes Internet marketing, PPC, SEO, social networking, and Email marketing
- Plans, analyzes and creates visual solutions to communications problems
- Ability to find the most effective way to get messages across in print media using a variety of methods such as color, type, illustration, photography, and various print and layout techniques
- Possesses advanced digital photography skills for use in graphic designs, maintain archives with source photos saved in computers and on CDs, and Photoshop original photography
- Ability to bring fresh, new design ideas to all aspects of advertising
- Ability to understand how to accurately represent BTG with creative ideas
- Meets deadlines and manages multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy, composure and a professional, upbeat can-do attitude regardless of extent of design changes
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a diverse staff
- Works effectively independently and as part of a fast-paced team
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Exercises good judgment in all professional situations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or marketing communications, or 4 to 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Outside-the-box creativity, stellar communication skills, and quick problem-solving skills are essential.
- Continuous communication and/or interaction with staff, volunteers, visitors, and management
- Occasional evening, weekend and/or holiday work may be required to meet departmental deadlines or to provide staff support for special events
- Prolonged periods of time sitting performing administrative functions such as writing, editing, proofreading or designing
Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and an attractive benefits package.
Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your current portfolio. Only qualified applicants with portfolios included will be contacted for interviews.
Position will remain open until filled.