Assistant Event and Rental Sales Coordinator
TITLE: Assistant Event and Rental Sales Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Event and Rental Sales Coordinator; Marketing Director
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time / Hourly / Non-exempt / Seasonal
This position will provide support to the Event and Rental Sales Coordinator on event days and evenings assisting with the coordination and execution of the weddings, events, corporate rentals and small gatherings. This position may also work the Front Desk in the Visitor Center for after-hour events.
- Coordinate with Event and Rental Sales Coordinator to provide oversight for wedding and rental events including but not limited to: respond to client inquiries, schedule and perform site tours, coordinate day of event oversight.
- Provide excellent customer service to Bok Tower Gardens’ visitors during their visit.
- Greet clients and provide assistance as needed, and attend to and resolve questions, comments, issues and concerns in an exemplary professional and personal manner.
- Work positively with all BTG volunteers.
- Promote all aspects of Bok Tower Gardens, including (but not limited to) special events, weddings and rentals, Pinewood tours, the Program & Event Guide offerings and small gatherings
- Reports for duty regularly and timely for special events, wedding events, and rental events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team effectively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to interact and work harmoniously with a diverse paid and non-paid staff
- Must be able to operate a golf cart in accordance with BTG policies
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred, plus;
- Previous guest experience and customer service experience dealing with a high volume of visitor/public contact; excellent human relations skills to deal effectively with visitors/public in person or on the telephone preferred, experience in the fields of catering and special event planning preferred plus;
- Intermediate skill level in a Windows environment with emphasis in Excel and Word preferred
- Continuous communication with staff, volunteers, visitors, and management
- Varied and flexible schedule including after hours and weekend work
- Working alone, or with an occasional Facilities & Operations staff member
- Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, crouching or light lifting (up to 30 lbs)
- Prolonged periods of time standing, sitting, or walking
Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.