TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Horticulture
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Hourly / Non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: To provide administrative and clerical support to the Horticulture Department.
- Prepares drafts of correspondence, memoranda, agendas, documents and/or reports, etc. for the Horticulture Director’s review and approval/signature
- Proactively coordinates and oversees details for the Horticulture Director including, but not limited to, arranging conference calls, scheduling private/group meetings, arranging for equipment and addressing catering needs
- Receive and direct incoming telephone calls and visitors entering the Horticulture Building
- Responsible for handling all trouble-shooting and programming needs for office equipment
- Order/distribute uniforms/safety shoes for Horticulture and Facilities staff
- Develop communication processes and procedures to facilitate the effective exchange of information among internal departments and external groups/visitors
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of the Horticulture offices including the efficient operation of all office equipment including copy machines, computers, printers, fax machines, and requesting upgrades/changes as needed
- Monitor, stock, and maintain Horticulture Department supply inventory
- Minimum Associate’s degree in Business/Administrative Management or related field or Equivalent years’ experience substituted for degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in secretarial/administrative support role required.
- Intermediate to advance level software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet required.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of office machinery and equipment.
- Exceptional customer service skills/knowledge of effective customer service practices.
- Strong communication skills and organizational ability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, with excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Detail oriented and results driven.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Ability to work with minimal instruction or supervision.
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.