Land Steward Assistant
TITLE: Land Steward Assistant
REPORTS TO: Land Steward
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time / Hourly / Non-exempt
Bok Tower Gardens is currently seeking to fill a Land Steward Assistant position. This is a part-time, field position that is responsible for controlling invasive plant infestations and related land management activities on Bok Tower Garden conservation lands. Work includes using a back pack sprayer while walking or UTV or tractor mounted spray system and documenting treatment status using GPS.
- high school diploma
- valid driver license
- herbicide application experience
- Florida invasive and native plant identification
- outdoor work experience
- ability to operate small to large power equipment (operates UTV, front end loader, bush hog mower, pickup truck, chainsaw, and various herbicide application equipment)
- Pesticide Applicator license in the Natural Areas Weed Management category preferred
- 90 days from date of hire, you will be required to pass the standard Pesticide Applicators exam
- GPS/GIS experience preferred.
- Microsoft Suite preferred
Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.