REPORTS TO: Garden Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Hourly / Non-exempt
Bok Tower Garden is currently seeking a full-time Gardener. The primary responsibility is to perform general gardening duties to maintain the integrity and beauty of the Gardens and grounds. To be responsible for the care and cultivation of an assigned garden area – which may include annual and perennial plantings, pathway maintenance, water bodies, lawns, wildlife, and garden furnishings.
QUALIFICATIONS: (including but not limited to)
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agriculture required
- Previous experience in garden maintenance practices
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work outside in Florida weather year round
- Ability to understand and interpret work instruction
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required.
A horticulture competency test will be administered to all applicants invited to interview.
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.