TITLE: Membership Associate
REPORTS TO: Membership Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal / Part-time / Hourly / Non-exempt
Bok Tower Gardens is seeking candidates for part-time Membership Associate positions. This position is seasonal, typically requiring candidate to be available from September through mid-May. Hours average 15-20 hours per week. Applicants must be able to work between 11 am and 5 pm and have availability on weekdays, weekends, holidays, and occasionally other hours for special events.
The primary goal of the Membership Associate is to help grow the membership base of Bok Tower Gardens in the Visitor Center during peak hours. They will engage visitors as they arrive and/or leave the Gardens to encourage becoming members, process memberships, encourage upgrades and other gift opportunities, and assist current members with membership services.
- Generate membership sales based on performance metrics
- Process memberships accurately and efficiently via Point of Sale system
- Greets all visitors courteously and responds to questions/needs of visitors promptly
- Keeps informed of current and future Gardens events and activities
- Ensures Membership Sales area and cart is neat, updated with current information; associate is encouraged to suggest and implement enhancements to point-of-sale areas
- Undertake other membership duties as assigned by department staff
- Sales ability and experience
- Computer/Point of Sale system experience required
- Friendly, welcoming attitude—comfortable engaging with the public to solicit memberships
- Professional demeanor
- Phone etiquette skills
- Good customer service skills
- Cash-handling and computer experience required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility with schedules that change with the Gardens’ needs and sometimes the weather
- Reliable transportation to work
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in sales and public contact; excellent human relations skills to deal effectively with visitors in person or on the telephone a plus
- Previous cash-handling and computer experience; database experience helpful
- Continual communication with staff, volunteers, visitors, and management
- Occasional after hours or evening work related to membership may be required to provide staff support for special events
- Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, crouching, or light lifting (up to 30 lbs.)
- Prolonged periods of time standing
Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.