Guest Services Associate
TITLE: Guest Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Visitor Services
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time / Hourly / Non-exempt (20-25 hours/week)
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinate the operations of the Entrance Gate and the Visitor’s Center, including guest service, ticket sales, and cash handling.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team effectively
- Ability to interact and work harmoniously with a diverse paid and non-paid staff
- Ability to accurately handle large amounts of money
- Intermediate to advance level software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet required
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of office machinery and equipment required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Professional manner and appearance
- Ability to work with minimal instruction or supervision
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous guest experience and customer service experience dealing with a high volume of visitor/public contact; excellent human relations skills to deal effectively with visitors/public in person or on the telephone preferred
- Previous cashier experience preferred
- To provide excellent customer service to Bok Tower Gardens daily visitors upon entry and exit at the Main Gate, and during their visit to the Gardens, Visitor Center and Information Desk
- To assist the Visitor Services & Programs department with event and administrative support
- To ensure daily visitors and groups are greeted, oriented and provided assistance needed, and to attend to and resolve questions, comments, issues and concerns in an exemplary professional and personal manner
- To handle all transactional activities for visitors using the Gardens membership, admission and ticketing software, Altru
- To provide wedding and rental clients familiarization/site tours.
- To work positively with, coordinate and train Information Desk volunteers, as well as, all BTG volunteers, as needed
- To promote all aspects of Bok Tower Gardens including (but not limited to) special events, weddings and rentals, Pinewood tours, the Program & Event Guide offerings, art sales, Café, Gift shop and membership
- Continuous communication with staff, volunteers, visitors, and management
- Occasional after hours or evening work may be required to provide staff support for special events
- Weekend and holiday work required
- Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, crouching or light lifting (up to 30 lbs)
- Prolonged periods of time standing or sitting
Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.