Assistant Director of Development
TITLE: Assistant Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Salaried / Exempt
The primary responsibility is to provide strategic direction and execution for corporate, foundation, and governmental partnerships, while supporting the greater development goals of Bok Tower Gardens. Scope of responsibilities includes corporate partnerships, foundation relations, grant administration, and related development services and donor/member relations programs. S/he will develop communication and solicitation strategies focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of strong and sustainable partnerships with corporations, foundations, and governmental funders. The ideal Assistant Director of Development has a keen appreciation for building relationships as an essential component of successful solicitations. The incumbent will work cross-departmentally to achieve successful fundraising and to nurture a culture of philanthropic support.
- Develop and manage corporate partner relationships leading to support for programs, concerts, and other activities on an annual basis
- Prepare proposals and grant applications to corporations, foundations, and governmental agencies and administer subsequent funding awards.
- Identify behavioral aspects of stakeholders that signal a potential to be cultivated for larger or planned gifts.
- Conduct the memorial/tribute program and incorporate new opportunities as they become available.
- Seek in-kind donations from community for goods/services related to departmental activity.
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific areas of each program identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Assist with all fundraising/cultivation/stewardship events.
- Work with the development & membership team on creation of annual report, newsletter articles, and other communication strategies as necessary.
- Travel locally and out-of- town as necessary for cultivation/solicitation purposes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sales, development, and/or fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills utilizing diplomacy and tact.
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills.
- Marketing and presentation skills.
- Ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to solicit gifts.
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work nights and weekends, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree is preferable; however, transferable work experience can be substituted. Professional sales or fundraising/development experience is desired with a preference for work in the nonprofit sector. Knowledge of Blackbaud Altru is a plus.
- Varied work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Frequent local travel is required.
- Continuous communication with management team, volunteers, sponsors, partners, donors and other stakeholders.
- Prolonged periods of continuous standing, sitting, or walking; occasional stooping, bending, reaching or light lifting (up to 25 lbs).
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.