Assistant Facilities Manager
TITLE: Assistant Facilities Manager
DEPARTMENT: Facilities & Operations
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Hourly / Non-exempt
Bok Tower Gardens currently is seeking a full-time Assistant Facilities Manager. This is a hands-on supervisory position.
- Ensure the daily safe and efficient operation of all buildings at Bok Tower Gardens including their equipment and fixed machinery
- Protect all buildings and systems from deterioration and deferred maintenance
- Provide a safe and clean environment for all staff and visitors
- Manage facility rental setups and cleanups
This position oversees a staff of eight (8) facility personnel and the use and/or coordination of outside vendors as necessary. The work schedule will be Wednesday thru Sunday, 11:00 am to 7:00 pm to facilitate rental setup and the successful start to evening and weekend events. Must translate requirements to weekend and evening staff, ensuring staff are productive and keeping up with changing demands of the facilities. Responsible for scheduling of work, ordering appropriate materials, cost containment of maintenance work, ensuring the routine preventative maintenance is completed timely and correctly, well versed in all MEP’s and understand Total Quality Management principals.
Required to work large special events that are scheduled – which currently consists of Rootstock, Symphony Concert, International Carillon Festival, Earth Day, and Spring Concert.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Associate’s degree in Building Management, or Journeyman Level Construction Trades required, and/or
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in facilities maintenance
- Previous five (5) years’ supervisory experience
- Previous experience and hands-on knowledge in at least four of the following areas: operation and repair of building structures, HVAC systems, electrical systems, plumbing, Audiovisual systems, lighting, burglar and fire alarm systems
- Must be computer literate and able to use Word, Excel, scheduling systems, knowledgeable and have had experience regarding safety standards, energy conservation, and accessibility issues
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.