Pinewood Estate Coordinator
TITLE: Pinewood Estate Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Services
REPORTS TO: Pinewood Estate Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time; Permanent; Non-exempt; Hourly
Pinewood Estate is a 20-room historical estate built in 1932 that is located on the grounds of Bok Tower Gardens. The position of Pinewood Estate Coordinator is to support the Pinewood Estate Manager with daily operation including, but not limited to, Historical and Christmas tours, overnight guests, special events, inventory, and volunteer oversight.
The main responsibility of the Pinewood Estate Coordinator will be to represent the Pinewood Estate Manager in his/her absence.
RESPONSIBILITIES: including but not limited to the following
- Ability to provide daily direction to a core of volunteer docents amidst a high level of activity and varying personalities.
- Ability to perform daily tasks such as volunteer sign-in procedures and room assignments; telephone answering; contacting on-call volunteers; and scheduling; handling of money and ensuring its safe delivery to the Accounting Department on a daily basis when requested; turning in guest tickets to the Visitor Services Department; continuous monitoring of guests and volunteers; being watchful of display and collections items; alertness to safety issues and ability to adhere to safety procedures as they apply to guests, volunteers and staff; ability to operate Bok Tower Gardens communication radios; knowledge of wheelchair procedures; greet overnight guests and show them room accommodations; assist in maintaining inventory.
- Ability to help coordinate all aspects of special events, programs, rentals and overnight stays that pertain to the use of Pinewood Estate. This includes assisting the Pinewood Estate Manager in training volunteers and managing the daily operations of the Holiday Home Tour, working with the Amaryllis Club and Volunteer Design Team to implement high quality and appropriate decorations for the Holiday Home Tour, and planning and execute special events including concerts, dinners, and receptions at Pinewood Estate
- Ability to use computer-based point of sales systems to handle ticket sales.
- Able to take direction from the Pinewood Estate Manager as required.
- Continuous walking throughout the house as well as standing for long periods and climbing stairs.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule according to the needs of Pinewood Estate, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.