REPORTS TO: Garden Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Hourly / Non-exempt
Bok Tower Garden is currently seeking a full-time Groundskeeper. The primary responsibility is to perform general gardening duties to maintain the integrity and beauty of the Gardens and grounds; to be responsible for the mowing and weed-eating of major lawn areas and applying herbicides and lawn fertilizers. Assist in gardening duties which may include annual and permanent plantings, pathway maintenance, water bodies, lawns, wildlife, and garden furnishings.
QUALIFICATIONS: including but not limited to
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of two years landscaping, greens keeping, or parks and gardens ground experience preferred
- Previous experience in garden or grounds maintenance with the ability to operate various types of power equipment (lawnmower, front-end loader, tractors, etc.)
- Interest in and willingness to learn Central Florida horticulture and the aesthetic ethic of the Gardens
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to understand and interpret instruction to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work outside in the Florida weather year-round
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
A horticulture competency test will be administered to all applicants invited to interview.
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.