Human Resources Manager
TITLE: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: CFO
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Permanent; Exempt
We are looking for an HR Manager who can make our garden a premier employment destination for the top talent in our industry. The HR Manager will be responsible for evaluating employee programs, recommending improvements to employee relations policies and making sure that all employee-related policies in each department align with our garden mission, goals and established regulations. The successful candidate will be in charge of reducing employee turnover and attracting top talent to fill open positions.
RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES:
- Managing organizational growth through employee training and strategic planning
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection, conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys, scheduling and conducting job evaluations, preparing pay budgets, monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions, recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees, scheduling management conferences with employees, hearing and resolving employee grievances, counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids, awarding benefit contracts, designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Serve as point of contact providing day-to- day support for all human relations issues
- Directs all workers’ compensation activities as related to on-the- job accidents/illnesses – reporting claims, establishing and monitoring back to work policies, interacting with carrier adjusters, maintaining OSHA logs and postings, investigation of accidents to identify loss exposures and implement corrective actions.
- Processes and approves bi-weekly payroll from all departments; ensures time sheets for all staff, hourly and salaried, is processed accurately for time worked and benefit accrual submissions; ensures submission to accounting for timely processing; distributes payroll to department heads; responsible for payroll recordkeeping.
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive, minimum 7 years
- BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Knowledge of HR systems, databases, and resources metrics
- People oriented and results driven
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.