TITLE: Nursery Assistant
REPORTS TO: Nursery Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time; Permanent; Non-exempt; Hourly
Bok Tower Garden is currently seeking a part-time nursery assistant. The primary responsibility is to produce most of the plant material used in the organization. Plant material is propagated from seed, cuttings, and divisions. Responsibilities are to propagate, grow, and display annuals, bromeliads, orchids, perennials, seasonal color, trees, vegetables, and woody ornamentals.
QUALIFICATIONS: (including but not limited to)
- Six months to a year previous experience in nursery/greenhouse/gardener practices
- ability to operate various types of power equipment
- ability to perform strenuous physical work outside in Florida weather year round
- ability to understand and interpret work instruction
- ability to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required
Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.