Director of Development
TITLE: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Permanent; Exempt
Bok Tower Gardens, a National Historic Landmark in Lake Wales, Fl, seeks an experienced Director of Development to oversee existing programs of membership, grants, corporate sponsorships, donor cultivation, stewardship, events and recognition. The position will work with a Development Committee, Board of Directors and President/CEO to develop, implement, manage and evaluate a strategic plan to set and achieve major gift, capital, endowment, annual giving and planned giving goals. This position supervises a support staff and volunteer team.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- proven track record (5-10 years) in researching, cultivating, soliciting and closing major gift prospects in the $10,000+ range
- demonstrate success in a variety of fundraising venues
- ability to manage multiple tasks, mentor staff (direct report and others), problem solve, analyze data, and manage a budget
- An understanding of fundraising trends with a proclivity to technology is a must
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with CFRE certification; an advanced degree is a plus.
- High degree of computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and social media
- Working knowledge of Altru software a plus.
- Knowledge and appreciation of gardens, music, and nature desired
ABOUT BOK TOWER GARDENS
Bok Tower Gardens is a non-profit public garden located in Central Florida. Dedicated in 1929, the National Historic Landmark was a gift from Dutch immigrant Edward Bok, Pulitzer-prize winning author, social reformer, conservationist, and world peace advocate. The historic Olmsted gardens was planned as a bird sanctuary and meditative garden surrounding an art deco and neo-Gothic 205-foot carillon tower of pink marble and tan coquina stone. The 60-bell carillon and its facilities is the finest in the world.
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.