Children’s Garden Coordinator
TITLE: Children’s Garden Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Education Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Permanent; Exempt
Bok Tower Gardens is part of a growing movement connecting children to the natural world. Our 2.7-acre children’s garden offers a place of hands-on fun, natural beauty and creative play to teach and inspire children. Qualified candidates should be able to develop and deliver a wide variety of fun educational programs for children and their families in the Children’s Garden including free programs, drop-in programs, fee-based programs, youth volunteer programs, and other informal learning experiences and able to enforce appropriate safety regulations along with train and help coordinate volunteers who will assist with these programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, natural sciences, horticulture, or a related field.
- Minimum two years experience in teaching and leading youth programs including program delivery and program management.
- Minimum two years coordinating/supervising, motivating staff and volunteers.
- Current Basic First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Clean background check and drug screen.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, goals and objectives of environmental education.
- Acceptance of diverse audiences in gender, race, religion, ethnicity, age, and mental and physical development.
- Health and stamina to be standing and moving continuously from 7 am to 4 pm including bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting, twisting, walking, getting up from the ground without support, outside in Florida summer weather conditions.
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented, team player.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
We offer competitive wages and an attractive full-time employee benefits package. Resumes, accompanied by letters of interest, may be submitted by mail, fax or email. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing. Bok Tower Gardens is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Deadline for resume/application submission: Position is open until filled.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.