REPORTS TO: Garden Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Hourly / Non-Exempt
Bok Tower Gardens is currently seeking a full-time Groundskeeper. The primary responsibility is to perform general gardening duties to maintain the integrity and beauty of the Gardens and grounds; to be responsible for the mowing and weed-eating of major lawn areas and applying herbicides and lawn fertilizers. Assist in gardening duties which may include annual and permanent plantings, pathway maintenance, water bodies, lawns, wildlife, and garden furnishings.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of two years landscaping, greens keeping, or parks and gardens ground experience preferred
- Previous experience in garden or grounds maintenance with the ability to operate various types of power equipment (lawnmower, front-end loader, tractors, etc.)
- Interest in and willingness to learn Central Florida horticulture and the aesthetic ethic of the Gardens
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to understand and interpret instruction to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work outside in the Florida weather year-round
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs
A horticulture competency test will be administered to all applicants invited to interview. This position offers competitive wages and benefits. Interested applicants may submit resumes accompanied by letters of interest by mail, fax or email to
any of the following. Applicants may download an application form from the website or picked oneup at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and mail or return it to the entrance gate for processing:
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews
Submit resumes, accompanied by letters of interest by mail, fax or email until the position is filled. Pick up applications at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and mail or return to the entrance gate for processing:
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Secure Fax: 866-462-7162
Deadline for resume/application submission: Open until filled
Deadline for resume submission: Position will remain open until filled Bok Tower Gardens (BTG) is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled. We base all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.