TITLE: Facilities Preventive Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly / Non-Exempt / Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: To implement the Preventive Maintenance System and perform maintenance tasks to keep the facilities operating for the Visitor Experience. This position is to maintain a high quality level of the visitor experience thru maintenance of the all visitor areas. The standard workweek is Wednesday through Sunday, 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – some overtime may be required.
- Perform daily maintenance inspections and repairs
- Perform monthly Preventive Maintenance System tasks
- Custodial Duties to include but not limited to: Window cleaning, ceiling fan cleaning, horizontal surfaces (high window sills), bathroom cleaning, outdoor kitchen cleaning and other duties as assigned.
- Perform event set-ups and take-downs as directed by the Facility Manager or the Facilities Rental and Wedding Coordinator.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of the materials, tools, methods, and equipment used in maintaining offices and work areas
- Basic knowledge of repair and maintenance methods; work safety practices; team player.
- Computer literate in Microsoft suite (Word/Excel) and sound and audio/visual equipment operation a plus.
- Flexible to change work schedule to cover other staff vacation time or special evolutions
- Flexible to work special BTG events
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs
- Dependable work attendance
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- High School Diploma or GED; plus two (2) years experience in facility maintenance work or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
This position offers competitive wages and benefits. Bok Tower Gardens is an Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. Resumes accompanied by letters of interest may be submitted by mail, fax or email to any of the following. Applications may also be picked up at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and may be mailed or returned to the entrance gate for processing:
Submit resumes, accompanied by letters of interest by mail, fax or email until the position is filled. Pick up applications at the entrance gate at the street address listed below and mail or return to the entrance gate for processing:
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Secure Fax: 866-462-7162
Deadline for resume/application submission: Open until filled
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview
Bok Tower Gardens (BTG) is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
BTG participates in E-Verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.