Your primary care provider (PCP) takes care of your whole family. A trusted PCP will build a caring relationship with every family member to help each of you make the right decisions about treatment and care. AdventHealth Medical Group wants you to know the top four reasons why it’s important to have a primary care provider:
1. Whole-Person Care
- PCPs can treat anything from acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes to minor procedures such as laceration repairs. Their training lets them treat you and your family during all stages of life, and along the way, they’ll care for you as a whole person: body, mind, and spirit.
2. Provides Comfort
- Once you have a doctor you can trust, you’ll feel more at ease talking about your overall health or things that concern you. The more comfortable you are, the more you’ll share- and that can be good for your health in the long run.
3. Preventive Care
- A big part of what PCPs do is preventive care- including annual and wellness visits, checkups, immunizations, tests, and screenings to help detect and prevent medical conditions before they become more dangerous or difficult to treat. They provide regular health screenings for things like high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes and so much more.
4. Knows Your Health History
- If you see the doctor regularly, your PCP can get to know your health history. They’ll also have your baseline numbers so they can tell when something is off.
To find the perfect primary care provider for you and your family, call 407-599-6111 or visit CentralFloridaPrimaryCare.com for a customized search by zip code.