Food can be as playful as it is delicious. Simple, healthy ingredients make snack time fun, and kids can help with the preparation.
Be sure to select firm and juicy apples. Golden delicious, gala or honey crisp apples are great options. Granny smith apples would also add some tartness to balance the richness of the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
This recipe works best with smooth peanut butter, but you can substitute with any nut butter.
What makes the recipe fun and delicious is the toppings. You can use chocolate chips or get creative with raisins, granola, bananas, and more.
This snack is perfect for a picnic at Bok Tower Gardens. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Apple Slices
- 2 large apples chose your favorite variety
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter or any nut butter
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp granola
- 2 tbsp chopped or sliced banana
- Using an apple corer, core out the center of your apples.
- Cut your apples into thick slices (they should resemble rings).
- Spread your desired amount of peanut butter (nut butter) onto the apple slice.
- Finally, sprinkle with your favorite toppings.