Ever wonder what to do with the pickle juice that remains in the jar after you have finished eating all the pickles?
Here is a great way to utilize leftover pickle juice while creating a preservative-free salad dressing at the same time. This dressing is great over any salad greens and vegetables.
Pickle Juice Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup pickle juice
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- juice from ½ of a lemon or lime
- Optional: 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Honey to taste
- Combine ingredients together in a jar and shake vigorously. You can even use the pickle jar! Drizzle over greens and toss in a large bowl.
- If you prefer a creamy dressing add the yogurt. If you want to sweeten, add the honey. If you are using bread and butter style pickles adding honey is not necessary because remember, there is already sugar added.
- Dressing also tastes great served over grains like quinoa or rice dishes. Feel free to make this recipe your own by adjusting any or all ingredients to taste. You can even eliminate the oil and use tahini or nut butters instead.