With only four ingredients, this freezer jam is quick, easy and so delicious.
Adding fresh citrus flavors helps to balance sweetness and gives jam a zest!
Fresh blueberries are harvested in Florida during the month of May and June. Look for blueberries grown fresh from Florida.
Jam is a great way to sweeten many different foods including plain yogurt, hot tea, and oatmeal.
Orange Blueberry Freezer Jam
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 medium orange
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries, crushed
- 1 pouch liquid fruit pectin (3 oz package)
- Rinse four clean 1-cup plastic containers with lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place sugar in a shallow baking dish; bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tablespoon peel from orange. Peel and chop orange.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, warm sugar, grated peel and chopped orange; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pectin; stir constantly for 3 minutes to evenly distribute pectin.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving.