This recipe is courtesy of Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. You can find the original recipe here.
Pasta Salad is the perfect way to provide a tasty and filling healthy treat that doesn’t heat up the kitchen. We also love a recipe that includes BACON!
Be sure to look for a fun pasta shape to delight your pint-sized fans but any pantry staple will also work.
This recipe is full of fresh vegetables and cherry tomatoes take center stage. Look for fresh from Florida tomatoes which are in season now!
Kid Friendly Pasta Salad
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- dash sugar
- 10 oz grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 24 basil leaves, chiffonade (ribbon cut)
- cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Then drain and rinse in cold water until cool. Set aside.
- Cut the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and throw into a large skillet. Saute until slightly crisp, and then remove to a paper-towel-lined-plate.
- For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, and sugar if using in a small bowl.
- Stir together the pasta, dressing, tomatoes, bacon, Cheddar and green onions in a large mixing bowl. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the basil at the end.