These delicious energy bites are the perfect healthy snack and take minutes to pull together. Perfect for hikes and picnics, keep your bites in a tight-fitting covered container.
Old fashioned rolled oats are the backbone of this healthy treat and provide an earthy crunch. Do not use quick oats.
Toasted coconut adds protein and a tropical punch of flavor. Toasted coconut flakes can be found in most health stores and online at Amazon.
You can use either smooth or chunky peanut butter or substitute your choice of nut butter.
Honey provides sweetness and gives these bites some chew without the need for processed white sugar.
Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks are the final sweet element and give these bites a cookie dough feel.
Flax and chia seeds provide both crunch and a power boost.
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- ⅓ cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls (about 1″ in diameter). Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.