Pizza from scratch is a simple way to spice up those amazing summer nights. Create a make your own pizza station and let the whole family take part in the creation of delicious pies! Keep scrolling to see complete dough and sauce recipes.
Start first with the dough. This recipe has only a few ingredients and most can be found in your pantry. Make sure your yeast is still active by checking the date. You will need to factor in an hour of prep time for the rise. This recipe should make 2 large pizzas or four smaller personal pies.
Made from Scratch Pizza Dough
- 3 packages yeast
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Dissolve yeast in 2 cups of warm water and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add flour 2 cups at a time, sugar, oil, and salt.
- Knead well until dough bounces back.
- Return dough to a bowl rubbed generously with olive oil, cover with plastic wrap, put the bowl in a warm place and let rise 1 hour.
- After dough has risen, punch it down and knead a few times before rolling out your dough for a pizza crust.
The homemade sauce comes together quickly and is so much fresher than storebought options. You can top your pizza with your choice of meats and vegetables.
Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 4 tbsp oilve oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 2 16 oz cans crushed tomatoes (2 lbs of fresh tomatoes can be used)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Lightly brown garlic in olive oil and remove from oil. (Discard garlic)
- Simmer tomato paste in low heat for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add in salt and pepper.
- Add in crushed tomatoes and put on low heat for 1-3 hours.
- Finish with basil and oregano.
- Add extra salt/black pepper if needed.