Pickled Eggs are an appetizing and mouth-watering, ready-to-serve snack made from hard-boiled eggs preserved in vinegar and brine.
This fun snack is packed with flavor and the pink color comes from antioxidant-rich beets.
Recycle and reuse a 2-quart jar to pickle eggs and store for later.
Pickled eggs are great for more than snacking. Include these on a charcuterie tray or serve chopped in a crunchy salad.
Best Pickled Eggs Ever
Pickled Eggs are anappetizing and mouth-watering, ready-to-serve snack made from hard-boiled eggspreserved in vinegar and brine.
- 6 hardboiled eggs (peeled)
- 1 can beets in liquid
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 cloves garlic
- ⅛ tsp black peppercorns
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Drain beets, reserving 1-cup of the beet juice.
- Place some of the beets,garlic cloves, peppercorns, salt, and 6 eggs in a 2-qt. glass jar.
- In a small saucepan, addsugar, water, vinegar, and reserved beet juice and bring to a boil. Simmer for1-2 minutes and pour the hot liquid over beets and eggs, let it fully cool.
- Cover tightly with a lidand refrigerate for at least 24-48 hours before serving.